Resort home for young, international family on a Vail mountainside.
- Modern chalet interpretation honors Swiss/Austrian family heritage.
- Imported panel construction pushed European influences.
- Wide, sliding walls blur interior/exterior boundary.
- Clear, contemporary interiors.
- Priority upon use of historic, reclaimed European woods, one of the clients’ passions.
“In dramatic contrast to the home’s traditional exterior, the Arrigonis created a contemporary interior with modern furnishings and a palette of soft neutrals accented with bright colors.”
“The natural gray tones are neutral, like the Swiss.” Jokes the husband.
“Best of all, the house supports the couple’s original vision of family togetherness: “We live on all the levels and use every space in this home.”
Mountain Living Magazine, October 2013, cover