Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Modern family retreat ‘cabin’ on small ranch acreage within gated retreat enclave.
- Primary home linked to reimagined Routt County historic cabin with transparent, curved glass element.
- Home recedes from off-site view, responding to owner desire for privacy.
- Lifted native meadow onto roof.
- Primary living spaces open widely to native setting, on both east and west facades.
- Various recycled wood elements taken from the Miramar Naval Air Station and Denver’s Ice House.
- Home heated and cooled by geothermal energy system.
Vail Valley Home Magazine, July 2014
LuxeBox, August 2013
Colorado Dream Homes, 2006, hardcover